- Jamaica is Just as Awesome Beyond the Beaches
- Whilst the world may be most familiar with Jamaica through a sun-drenched lens of lazy, beach
Feel the Vibe
There are many reasons one might dream of visiting Jamaica and our culture sits high at the top of that list. There’s just something novel about Jamaica, something undeniably exquisite that attracts visitors to our shores time and time again. As soon as you step foot onto Jamaican soil, you feel the vibe. That energy is unmatched. Nothing can compare to experiencing it for yourself. Come dive into an authentic Jamaican vacation full of vibrancy, electricity, unrivaled charm, and untouched beauty.
Jamaican Culture & Traditions
The pull of our alluring island is far more than our sparkling blue waters and incredible mountainous terrain. The food is tantalizing and the weather is perfect, but it’s the charm of our people who will keep you coming back for more.
The famous words of Bob Marley, “every little thing is gonna be alright” is a lifestyle we embody. No matter what hardships may hide beneath the surface, we find a way to smile, dance, and be merry as we go about our days.
Pull up a chair at your favorite watering hole and watch the smile light up your bartender’s face as they greet you like a long-lost friend. Stop and ask for directions and they’ll be accompanied by humorous tales of the twists and turns to be expected on your path. Buy a cup of soup from a roadside vendor and become enraptured in the vibes of the bustling food stalls. We’re happy people always and this is reflected in our art, traditions, and everyday life.
Of course, there are specific parts of our culture that may capture your heart and become part of your fondest memories.
Our food is known worldwide as some of the best cuisines around. It is spicy and flavorful and full of fresh ingredients. Everybody loves a good jerk dish or a hot, flaky patty, fresh from the oven. Our oxtail is well-loved and even our ice-cream has been ranked as some of the best in the world. Which Jamaican foods are you just salivating for? There are so many things you must try when in the land of rhythm and spice like our ackee and saltfish and our wide-ranging array of tropical coconut sweets.
Tasting your way through the island is a great way to connect with the history of Jamaica as you learn more about what makes us so special with each dish you try. Head to Boston, the home of jerk, to learn more about this famous method of cooking. Trek to the Blue Mountains to try the luxurious coffee in the heart of its home. Stop in Negril or along the South Coast to try some of the best, freshest seafood ever, and go hiking in the hills to taste the bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables plucked from the land.
Talk Like a Jamaican
It will help you to groove to our Jamaican music, though the baseline of the reggae will sweep you into euphoria whether you understand the words or not. A visit to Jamaica isn’t complete without a night spent dancing to the beat under magnificently twinkling stars.
Your new patois words will also help you at any of our exciting sporting events, whether large scale or local community happenings. Grab a Red Stripe Beer and observe the animated crowd as they scream ruthlessly at their team and opponents on the field. A Jamaican sporting event rivals your favorite major festival or finals around the world.
Come to Jamaica and feel the vibe. Once you’re here, you’ll know why Jamaica is the heartbeat of the world.
EXPERIENCE OUR ISLAND
- How to Experience Jamaica’s Living Maroon Culture
- Image by: Joshua Cogan Looking to experience something new on your next vacation to Jamaica?
- Family Friendly Adventures At Holywell
- Image by: Joshua Cogan Less than an hour drive from Kingston, Holywell offers lots of activities for
- 5 Best Places To Enjoy Blue Mountain Coffee (And A Blue Mountain View)
- Image by: Joshua Cogan Searching for the perfect place to indulge a cup of Jamaica’s
- Jamaica: One of the Best Multigenerational Destinations in the Caribbean
- The ultimate family vacation is at a destination that can meet the needs of all your loved ones.
- Experience A Jamaican Oasis Fit For The Entire Family
- Something For Everyone Awaits in Jamaica According to findings from the American Academy of
- Kingston Among Top Destinations For Canadians To Visit In 2018
- (VIA Kingston Dub Club) Jamaica’s capital city of Kingston has been topping lists of places
- Adventures at Blue Hole in Ochos Rios, Jamaica
- To the south of Ocho Rios, hidden in the looming mountains, lie pools of crystalline turquoise
- The Island's Most Instagrammable Spots for Cruisegoers
- Cruise passengers looking to capture memorable moments of Jamaica’s beauty will find plenty
- Port Antonio is a Photographer’s Paradise: Top 5 Locations for Capturing Nature & Wildlife
- The essence of Port Antonio can only be realized through its waterfalls, tumbling down mountainsides
- Jamaica’s Diverse Attractions Offer Something for All Cruisegoers
- From Montego Bay to Ocho Rios, Kingston to Port Antonio, cruise passengers disembarking in Jamaica
- Extend Summer Dreams With A Fall Weekend Escape To Jamaica
- With summer quickly coming to a close, dreams of breezy days and steamy nights turn to melancholy as
- GoldenEye, Jamaica: The Birthplace of Bond
- In as fascinating a story as the novels themselves, James Bond has his very roots in Jamaica. Not
- Where to Eat on Jamaica's South Coast
- Smurfs Cafe – Ocean View Hill Drive, Treasure Beach This is one of the most loved breakfast
- Jamaica's Fun Facts
- Photo courtesy of IMDB The Telegraph has collected a few pieces of Jamaica’s history in honor
- Reggae Has Reached International Heights
- Howard “Flagga” Duperly, Miami radio host of Reggae Ride , sits down with Here &
- Fashion Models in Jamaica Carry Their Culture Everywhere They Go
- Photo courtesy of @ChristinaKnight01 Vogue can’t get enough of Saint Models. In an
- Damian Marley Explores Hip Hop Influences and Human Rights in New Album
- Photo courtesy of @DamianMarley. In an interview with Andres Tardio, Damian Marley explains that his
- Jamaica’s Paving the Way for Black Models
- Photo courtesy of @NakiDepass According to Declan Eytan on Forbes, Jamaica’s leading modeling
- What Happened to Dub Music?
- Photo courtesy of Kingston Dub Club Patricia Meschino walks us down history lane with an explanation