Explore Montego Bay
A Real Melting Pot
The tropical adventure of your dreams awaits you in Montego Bay. Whether you’re looking to relax on perfect white sandy beaches with clear blue skies above, be swept away in the rocking nightlife steps from your hotel, or enjoy thrilling experiences that etch lifetime memories, you’ll find it in the enchanting “Mobay.”
It's a marvelous melting pot of cultures, buzzing with locals, visitors, and expats who’ve made Jamaica their home. Enjoy the exuberant pubs and clubs, the wide array of eateries, the glistening beaches, the incredible artistry and craftsmanship of our people, and the diverse accommodations here ranging from all-inclusive resorts to boutique hotels.
As Jamaica’s third most populous city, Montego Bay is booming with attractions and activities for every type of traveler.
You can go on an epic eco-adventure with Cockpit Country Adventure Tours where you’ll journey through awe-inspiring caverns gleaming with wondrous geographical treasures that were once a hideout for Maroon warriors. Or, take the family or friend group over to Paintball Jamaica for a fun-filled day of play in a wooded area with plenty of shade. Another option is a relaxing and blissful ride down the Martha Brae River on a carefully hand-crafted bamboo raft surrounded by nothing but greenery and water with the sound of wind breezing through the trees, flowing streams, and birds singing.
You’ll also find lots of different types of beaches here to explore along with an abundance of water activities among the multitude of things to do in Montego Bay.
Similar to the plethora of things to do is the vast number of resorts and hotels in Montego Bay. You’ll find an assortment of beachfront properties, all-inclusive resorts that cater to both families and adults, villas for large groups, and apartments and boutique hotels for the astute traveler.
Stay in the center of the action close to the energetic “Hip Strip,” which is Gloucester Avenue where the coast lies just on the other side of businesses that line the avenue, or browse any of the more relaxed options in the hills above the city and the outskirts of the town. Choosing to stay at a hotel in Montego Bay is ideal for those wanting to tour several major attraction sites in opposite directions. It’s smackdab in the middle of Ocho Rios, Negril, and St. Elizabeth, which makes it perfect for those planning day trips to see and do it all.
There are some Montego Bay attractions you simply must not miss. Practice your “to di world” pose in front of the Usain Bolt statue at the sports bar of the fastest man in the world, also near the Hip Strip. Then venture into downtown to visit Sam Sharpe Square, bustling with local city culture and featuring a cobblestone plaza with historical monuments. Here, you’ll be able to visit the Montego Bay Cultural Centre and immerse yourself in the history of the characteristic town and learn the meaning behind Sam Sharpe Square.
There’s no shortage of restaurants. It’s a tremendous location for the foodie hoping to sample Jamaica’s best. Insider tip: ask your local tour guide to share with you their favorite eatery to sample some of the best homemade cooking featuring authentic Jamaican flavor.
Find more Montego Bay tips and facts rounded up to help you have the best time in our tropical paradise.
Island Buzz - Montego Bay
- Experiences in Jamaica: Exploring the Green Grotto
- Who’s up for a day of spelunking? Green Grotto Caves are so alluring in photos that I decided
- Fitcation in Jamaica: Actively Exploring the Island
- Fitness is a big deal in Jamaica. Many visitors enjoy ‘Fitcations’ which are steadily
- The Secret to True Jamaican Jerk
- Jamaica. The name instantly evokes an image of pristine waters embraced by immaculate sandy shores,
- Explore Rastafarian Culture at Rastafari Indigenous Village
- Do you seek an authentic cultural experience or ways to immerse yourself in the community and
- Jamaica’s Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall Awarded Best All-Inclusive Hotel By Apple Vacations
- The Jamaica Tourist Board proudly congratulates Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall for being honored
- Sandals Opens an Overwater Bar in Montego Bay
- Sandals Opens an Overwater Bar in Montego Bay via Caribbean Journal Sandals has already taken the
- Destination Wedding Locations in Montego Bay
- The exclusive Rose Hall area of Montego Bay, known as the Elegant Corridor, is home to some of the
- First-Ever Jamaican Passover Program Launch In Montego Bay
- Royal Passover’ Makes Jamaica Accessible To Strictly-Kosher Tourists Though Jamaica boasts
- Experience A Jamaican Oasis Fit For The Entire Family
- Something For Everyone Awaits in Jamaica According to findings from the American Academy of
- New Hotels Coming to Montego Bay
- New and updated hotels coming to Montego Bay via Travel Weekly Montego Bay, Jamaica, is set to