- Experiences in Jamaica: Exploring the Green Grotto
- Who’s up for a day of spelunking? Green Grotto Caves are so alluring in photos that I decided
The Port of Montego Bay
A Hearty Welcome
Montego Bay’s award-winning cruise port is Jamaica’s second largest and can accommodate up to four vessels. The expansive pier in our tourist capital provides quick access to many must-see attractions in the heartbeat of the world. Visiting cruise passengers are within easy reach of an impressive mixture of adventure, history, and breathtaking nature. Which will you visit?
Things to do in Montego Bay
A visit to Jamaica’s tropical paradise is not complete without sinking your toes into our warm sand. A 10-minute drive will transport you to the bustling Hip Strip, dotted by brick and mortar businesses and sandy beaches. Doctor's Cave Beach is rated one of the best on the whole island thanks to its manicured shore and translucent waters. Located some footsteps away from the public is Dead End beach, where you can enjoy the island sun and sea while watching flights descend at the Sangster International Airport.
Want to do more than just absorb the caressing sunshine and local scenery? Also along the Hip Strip are the floating amenities of Margaritaville which truly embrace the notion of fun in the sun. A 120-foot water slide shoots you right into the sea where a small obstacle course awaits you. After frolicking in the water, treat yourself to vibrant cocktails in quirky cups and a mix of comforting dishes served with a side of panoramic views.
Aqua Sol Theme Park is also along the beach and offers action-packed activities including go-karts, tennis, and, of course, water sports. See a different side of the island through Island Routes’ harbor cruises and tours, underscored by Jamaican adventure, heritage, and entertainment.
If you’re a golf enthusiast, Montego Bay’s four championship courses, about 20 to 30 minutes from your ship, create the ideal Jamaican destination.
Enjoy rousing rounds of golf on courses that double as a scenic historic site at the two courses of the legendary Rose Hall Estate. The property’s first course, the Cinnamon Hill Golf Course boasts seaside views and expert caddies rated some of the best in the whole world by Golfer magazine; while the White Witch Golf Course has 18 championship holes sitting on the rolling hills of the countryside.
Just down the road, Half Moon's golf course has consistently been ranked as one of the top in the world. Head a bit further west where the Montpelier Estate invites you to mix adventure with history by hiking to its on-site waterfall, zipping above the green forestry, and tubing down soft rapids of the bordering Great River. The nearby Tryall Golf course is a mixture of hills, beach, and grandeur for you to enjoy while the family explores the estate.
With such beauty and history bunched into our courses, one of the great challenges of putting in Montego Bay is not being mesmerized by the surrounding scenery.
Take a trip to the Rastafari Indigenous Village, located in the rugged hills about 15 minutes away from the cruise port, to immerse yourself in a different way of life. Rastafarianism is a spiritual and political movement originated in the country of Jamaica and this cultural center exposes you to the authentic Rastafarian traditions, allowing you to personally connect with a fascinating group of people. Here, you'll be introduced to their values, diet, and music.
See a little more of Jamaica’s countryside if you venture 45 minutes outside of the city. Head out to see the treasures in the neighboring parish of Trelawny, like a walking tour of the historic town of Falmouth, or rafting on the tranquil and scenic Martha Brae River. Falmouth is one of the ports in Jamaica, though not nearly as buzzing as Montego Bay.
- Fitcation in Jamaica: Actively Exploring the Island
- Fitness is a big deal in Jamaica. Many visitors enjoy ‘Fitcations’ which are steadily
- The Secret to True Jamaican Jerk
- Jamaica. The name instantly evokes an image of pristine waters embraced by immaculate sandy shores,
- Explore Rastafarian Culture at Rastafari Indigenous Village
- Do you seek an authentic cultural experience or ways to immerse yourself in the community and
- Sandals Opens an Overwater Bar in Montego Bay
- Sandals Opens an Overwater Bar in Montego Bay via Caribbean Journal Sandals has already taken the
- Jamaica’s Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall Awarded Best All-Inclusive Hotel By Apple Vacations
- The Jamaica Tourist Board proudly congratulates Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall for being honored
- Destination Wedding Locations in Montego Bay
- The exclusive Rose Hall area of Montego Bay, known as the Elegant Corridor, is home to some of the
- First-Ever Jamaican Passover Program Launch In Montego Bay
- Royal Passover’ Makes Jamaica Accessible To Strictly-Kosher Tourists Though Jamaica boasts
- Experience A Jamaican Oasis Fit For The Entire Family
- Something For Everyone Awaits in Jamaica According to findings from the American Academy of
- New Hotels Coming to Montego Bay
- New and updated hotels coming to Montego Bay via Travel Weekly Montego Bay, Jamaica, is set to