- Fitcation in Jamaica: Actively Exploring the Island
- Fitness is a big deal in Jamaica. Many visitors enjoy ‘Fitcations’ which are steadily
Sport in Jamaica
the land of sporting giants
We are the fastest runners in the world and we've got the hottest bobsled team! This is Jamaica, the home of sports.
The crack of the gun sounding whipped through the air of the Games of the XIV Olympiad as the 400m began. Forty-six point two seconds later, Jamaica's love affair with medals began as Arthur Wint took home Jamaica's first Olympic Gold Medal. From the 1948 London Games till now Jamaica has dominated on the global stage in the field of athletics and made significant strides in every sporting event we put our minds to. Cricket, football, swimming and even bobsled have all been played by Jamaicans at the highest level.
Perhaps it's the community football games on a grassy field with rocks for goal posts that instilled the love of the game in the heart of a nation. We love to play! Competition thrives in the land of the fastest sprinters. Everything from football to basketball, cricket to golf, volleyball to netball to track and field are all practiced on island in professional and leisure capacities. Catch a game while you're here at the National Stadium or the Sabina Park in Kingston. Look out for famous sportsmen and women like the Honourable Usain Bolt, Elaine Thompson, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Asafa Powell or Omar McLeod while on island.
- A Run in the Sun- Reggae Marathon in Negril, Jamaica
- By Guest Blogger: Warren Brown The Reggae Marathon is an institution and for some runners,
- Spinning® in Jamaica
- By Guest Blogger Warren Brown I’m pedalling with no end in sight. As the sweat pours onto my
- Sportsmanship – Island Style
- By Guest Blogger Warren Brown They say that good sportsmanship involves treating each other with
- The RuJohn Foundation: Impact Investing That Educates Jamaica's Youth
- The RuJohn Foundation: Impact Investing That Educates Jamaica's Youth Stories abound of foreign
- Water Sports? Check.
- Photo courtesy of Jewel Resorts Planted in the crystal clear Caribbean Sea, Jamaica is one of the
- Where to Stay for Reggae Marathon 2018
- Reggae Marathon 2018 will be held on December 2 nd starting at 5:15am at the Long Bay Beach Park in