You’ll delight everyone in your family from your little ones to your great-grands with a trip to Jamaica. We’ve got the answer to everyone’s wish, whether that’s to escape on an exhilarating adventure, relax in unparalleled natural beauty, or explore our colorful culture. Take your entire family to Jamaica to experience our charming people, warm sunshine, spectacular landscapes, and our moreish food.
Jamaica is the place for families. We are deeply rooted in generational living and treat everyone like a part of our own. They say it takes a village, and we’re firm believers in looking out for our neighbors of every kind. We’re the ones to kick a ball or play princess with your kids, make funny faces to inspire smiles from your little babies, and listen to endless stories from your elder folk as we share our own spirited tirades. Come experience why Jamaica has such a high rate of visitor returns. It’s the friendliness of our people. You’re our family now.
Things to Do in Jamaica with Kids
In a world overtaken by screens and inside play, Jamaica is the perfect place to get outside for some rousing family time. There’s one place that everyone in your family will love and that’s the beach! You’ll find miles and miles of shoreline to roam—truly one of the best things to do in Jamaica. At many of our family-friendly resorts, you’ll find gentle, shallow beaches perfect for small children. If you’re staying somewhere that’s not on the coast, then make a day trip to visit our popular public beaches like Doctor’s Cave Beach, Ocho Rios Bay Beach, or the Long Bay Beach Park in Negril.
At these beaches, you’ll find lifeguards, beach chairs, shower amenities, and authentic Jamaican seafood and jerk dishes available for lunch. If your family is even more adventurous, there are several locations all across Jamaica where you can ride an ATV or dune-buggy along the shoreline or close to a river to get muddy. For even more of an adrenaline rush, take a zipline over the forest or ride one down the famous Dunn’s River Falls after an invigorating climb all the way up.
A great way to learn all about Jamaican culture and heritage with the whole family in tow is to visit the Jamaican Institute located in both Kingston and Montego Bay. Here you’ll find visiting and resident exhibitions of art and hear stories about our past. You’ll be able to purchase authentic Jamaican artifacts to take home with you too. From there, it’s only right that you seek out a truly Jamaican lunch, perhaps a couple of beef or vegetarian patties or some jerk chicken from a street-side jerk pan?
All-Inclusive Family Resorts
Staying at a resort where food, beverages, attractions, activities, and amenities are all included in your rate can be such a convenience for families. Everyone’s tastes and desired schedule can be accommodated when everything’s on-demand. These resorts are all spread out across sprawling grounds with endless games, entertainment, and activities to engage all ages so everyone can enjoy their time in Jamaica. Imagine a day lounging by the pool or on the beach, lazily watching your kiddies splash in the water park while parents or adult kids chill by the swim-up bar.
At the end of a long day out exploring, it’s so relaxing to head home to your resort where a sumptuous meal is waiting mere steps away from your room. There’s no wondering where to eat or having to travel to a different location for entertainment and a nightcap at the end of your day. All-inclusive resorts take the work out of vacation.
A family vacation to Jamaica is the ultimate cheat. Everything’s already laid out for you, waiting for you to dive in!
Plan Your Family Getaway
- 5 Reasons Why an All-inclusive Resort is Perfect for Families
- Resorts in Jamaica offer the perfect family-friendly vacation at an all-inclusive resort that really is all-inclusive, even tips, meals and activities. Planning a family-friendly vacation has never been easier than when you book a stay at an all-inclusive resort. Forget about the hassles of sorting See More
- 5 Unforgettable Days in Jamaica » Daily Mom
- For many of us winter means cold weather, low temperatures and plenty of time spent indoors. Even if you’re one of those lucky families enjoying a milder climate during winter, we bet you’re still catching yourself daydreaming about summer already. If that’s the case,... See More
- Family Travel in Jamaica: Top 10 Resort Kids’ Clubs
- Travelling with the family can be a challenging ordeal, with persons of various ages all hoping to enjoy their trip in a unique way. In Jamaica however, that’s no problem, with family friendly resorts offering activities for every member of the family. These hotels offer clubs and programs... See More
- Water Sports? Check.
- Photo courtesy of Jewel Resorts Planted in the crystal clear Caribbean Sea, Jamaica is one of the best spots to get sporty on the water or meet some sea life. If you want to paddle out to watch the sunset or dive down to swim among the fish, we have the perfect suggestion. Jewel Resorts provides See More