Get into the action
Our island is always abuzz with activity and we don’t want you to miss a single beat. For those who have a love for the water, Jamaica has a calendar chocked with fun activities for the landlubbers and those who prefer the waterways.
For those who can’t resist the water, we recommend a check with the events calendar for these activities:
- The biennial Pineapple Cup Yacht race held every two years. The race covers the more than 800 nautical miles from Biscayne Bay, Florida to the Montego Bay Yacht Club in Montego Bay.
- The International Game Fishing Association (IGFA) sanctioned Marlin tournament in Port Antonio which has offered intense competition each week in October for more than fifty (50) years,.
- The Montego Bay Yacht Club’s annual marlin tournament, which attracts local anglers as well as others from the wider Caribbean and the USA. The tournament is generally held in September each year.
- The Montego Bay Yacht Club’s Easter Regatta receives boats and yachts of all sizes for exciting races. The fun events include activities for the entire family.
- The South Coast Hook & Line Canoe Tournament, a 3-day competition where local fishermen compete for prizes by catching the largest fish using only traditional fishing methods of a simple hook and line.
Take the time and experience the joys of Jamaica. Have fun!