Love is always in the air in Jamaica, the ideal destination for your first vacation as husband and wife. From warm evening sunsets to secluded waterfalls Jamaica is known for providing intimate escapes for lovers. Not only will you discover beautiful places to visit but exciting things to do that are sure to add spice to any vacation. When planning a special trip for two be sure to include any of these romantic activities in Jamaica:
- A sunset catamaran cruise: Sail away into the sunset on a romantic cruise with your loved one on any of the island’s catamaran cruise tours. These large yachts offer couples enough space to get cozy and witness Jamaica’s world famous sunsets, especially in the most western city Negril. Catamaran cruises also offer lunch and music, keeping you entertained as you sail along the turquoise waters of the Caribbean. Not only will you spend three hours of quality time together but catamarans also allow you to take in Jamaica’s breathtaking beauty without travelling by road. Included in your cruise are stops at local hotspots such as Margaritaville and Rick’s Cafe in Negril where you can take in Jamaica’s vibrant nightlife. Check out:
- Garden Picnic: Spend some alone time together in any of Jamaica’s lush botanical gardens. The resort area of Ocho Rios is home to several botanical sites including Cranbrook Flower Forest and Konoko Falls and Park. There you can relax alongside a waterfall, take a stroll through the luxuriant natural surroundings or have a private picnic for two. Jamaica’s rich biodiversity is a sight to behold, from exotic flora to our 28 indigenous bird species. Transportation to and from your lush afternoon escape is easily accessible via international and local rental car companies, private charters and hotel shuttles. Both Avis and Budget car rentals operate on the island along with Island Car Rentals, the leading local car rental company.
- Find your adventurous side: Adventure tours are a great way to test the strength of your love. Tour operators such as Chukka Caribbean offer numerous ways for couples to make new memories. Zipline Canopy tours, ATV safaris, Dune Buggies, River Tubing and the popular Horseback Ride & Swim are just some of the options to be explored. Or you can take your love to new heights with tours from Rainforest Adventures Mystic Mountain in Ocho Rios. There you can soar 700 ft above the Jamaican rainforest on the Sky Explorer Chairlift or shoot around corners atop the trees with the 1000 m bobsled ride. For even more of a thrill, plan your trip around major adventure events like the Fat Tyre Festival in February, or Reggae Marathon, the 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon event in December.
- Spa treatments- Luxurious spa treatments for two will revitalize the body and ignite passion. World class spa retreats are found around the island at several of our exquisite resorts and hotels. The couple’s suite of the 18th century beachfront great house-turned spa at Round Hill Hotel & Villas is sure to invoke a sense of tranquillity. Or visit the Rockhouse Hotel’s all natural spa, located in its own stone gazebo along the cliffs of Negril. There you will be pampered using organic ingredients, from aromatic coffee to fresh mint, ginger and lemongrass. In Montego Bay consider the Half Moon Resort's Fern Tree Spa, where staff ensure that visitor’s stays reflect the luxury that the resort chain is known for. The Fern Tree Spa boasts an extensive spa menu featuring rejuvenating wraps, facials and massages, catering to the mind, body and soul.
- Rafting- One of Jamaica’s most iconic activities is perfect for lovers with time to spare. Travelling down a river on an authentic bamboo raft will allow you to drift off into blissful relaxation while you enjoy the beauty of the landscape. Along the way you can even stop for a swim or continue to listen to your expert rafting guide, who is willing to share tokens of Jamaica’s history. Whether down the Rio Grande River in Port Antonio or the Martha Brae River in Falmouth, rafting is a landmark activity for any trip to Jamaica.