Jamaica Wedding Requirements
Getting married in Jamaica can be done as quickly as just 24 hours after you arrive, once you’ve taken care of all paperwork beforehand. Many wedding venues, resorts, and event planners will take care of these things for you to ensure your wedding is not only luxurious but legal too.
The required paperwork includes securing your marriage license. It’s a same-day process and will last for three months. All information on how to do this and how much it costs can be found on the Ministry of Justice website. Some of the things you’ll need include:
- Proof of citizenship - certified copy of your birth certificate, which includes father’s name
- Parent’s written consent if under 18 years of age
- Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce)
- Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower
- Processing fee JM$4000 (less than US$40)
If your documents aren’t in English, you’ll need to have them translated by an official translator and then certified by your local Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as by your nearest Jamaican Mission or Honorary Consulate.
Once you’ve sorted the paperwork, then you can let your fantasies take over. Stumped for ideas? The I Do Jamaica Magazine is filled with imagery and inspiration for you to explore.