romance on the island
Tying the knot with your loved one is one of the most exciting adventures of your life. Let us help make this happy time, your fondest memory.
It’s easy to see the appeal of getting married in a tropical paradise; warm waves, dreamy beaches and sunsets more romantic than you can imagine. You should say I Do in Jamaica. Here’s why:
1. It’s private. If you’re looking for a meaningful time away with your special someone and those closest to you, escaping to the island of All Right is the way to go.
2. We’re prepared for you. Being one of the most romantic spots on earth means that we know exactly what’s needed to make your dream day, come true.
3. It’s a wedding and honeymoon, all in one. Make your dreams come true when you can extend your wedding into an adventurous, romantic and luxurious honeymoon, starting your lives together in pure bliss.
You may be caught up in a whirlwind of love, but there are a few important things you must remember: We couldn’t be more excited to have you share your special day with us, but do plan ahead of time so that everything can be put in place ahead of your special day.
Visitors can be married 24 hours after arriving in Jamaica, providing prior application has been made for a marriage license to the Ministry of Justice. The application must be submitted to:
Ministry of Justice
2 Kensington Crescent
Unlike many countries, Jamaica does not require a blood test before getting married. However, the following documentation is required:
- Proof of citizenship - certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father’s name.
- Parent’s written consent if under 18 years of age.
- Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).
- Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.
All documents that are not issued in English must be translated by an Official Translator and subsequently certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of residence and by the nearest Jamaican Mission or Honorary Consulate.
The processing fee for the Marriage License is Four Thousand Jamaican Dollars (approximately US$50.00). The marriage license is valid for 3 months and the application is a same day process. For more details about obtaining a marriage license visit: http://moj.gov.jm/services-and-information/marriage-licence
Plan with confidence…
We love the idea of people coming here for one of the best days of their lives. Several resorts will make all arrangements for you. Special wedding packages can include performance of the ceremony, taxes, transportation, wedding cake and flowers. Check ahead as these packages vary; select the options that are important to you. We may be an easy going island but we don’t see why you should compromise on any of your special plans. For more information on getting everything ready for your dream wedding, check out our I Do Jamaica Magazine
In Jamaica, we specialise in turning big dreams into romantic realities. There are several non-denominational marriage officers who can perform ceremonies at a location of your choice. Let us help you plan an enchanting and memorable wedding experience complete with a picturesque backdrop. Whether you've envisioned exchanging vows on a white sand beach, a cliff overlooking turquoise waters or even in an exotic garden, Jamaica is the ideal tropical portal to your 'happily ever after'.
Wendy is the love guru of our island, and is ready and waiting to help your dreams come true. Even better news, you can reach her on Twitter. She’s waiting to answer all of your questions.