COVID-19 Test Requirements
NOTE: This section applies only to residents of the United States of America (USA), Brazil, Dominican Republic or Mexico.
All residents of USA, Brazil, Dominican Republic or Mexico who are 12 years of age or over, are required to obtain and upload a COVID-19 PCR test result to submit a Travel Authorization application.
Accepted Test Types
- A Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (RT-PCR)
- A Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
- A RNA or molecular test
- Only results from oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal samples will be accepted.
- Antigen and antibody tests will NOT be accepted
- Results from home-based test kits will NOT be accepted
Test Validity Period
- The date of the sample collection must be less than 10 days from the date of travel to Jamaica
- Example: For a travel date of August 20, the earliest the test sample may be collected is August 11.
- Use the Test Date Calculator.
The test must be conducted by a medical laboratory with credentials from one of the following:
- Accreditation by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Registered by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
- ISO 15189 certification
Test Result Sheet Requirements
The test result sheet should display the following information:
- Name of individual tested (must be same on application and lab test result)
- Date of birth of individual tested (must be same on application and lab test result)
- Name of testing laboratory
- Indication of laboratory credentials (CAP, CLIA, ISO 15189)
- Date of sample collection
- Type of test
- Type of sample
- Test result