Entrants must be 18 years or older and Jamaican residents, currently residing in Jamaica, in order to be eligible for entry into this promotion.
HOW TO ENTER
- Visit https://www.visitjamaica.com/rediscover-jamaica/
- Create your ‘Destination Wishlist’ by answering ‘If you could visit anywhere in JAMAICA, where would it be?’
The online promotion will begin Thursday, July 23, 2020, and will end on Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 11:59:59pm.
There will be one (1) Grand Prize draw. The Grand Prize awardee will receive a weekend for two (2), valued at two-hundred and fifty thousand Jamaican dollars ($250,000 JAD), for redemption within six (6) months of the date that the prize is awarded. The winner will also have the option of paying the difference of the hotel if the booking is a higher cost than the prize redeemed.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER:
As soon as a winner is determined, the announcement will take place on the JTB social media channels and website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Only entries submitted between Thursday, July 23, 2020 and Wednesday, August 5, 2020 before 11:59:59 pm, will be eligible for the Grand Prize Draw.
- For the Grand Prize Draw, one (1) random entry will be selected along with up to nine (9) backup entries. Each completed ‘Destination Wishlist’ will automatically be entered in a database for random selection of a winner.
All personal information submitted to the Jamaica Tourist Board via https://www.visitjamaica.com/rediscover-jamaica/ is stored on the Jamaica Tourist Board’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and is protected under strict security procedures observed in the storage and disclosure of such information.
The Grand Prize winner will be drawn from contest entries using the online random selection tool www.random.org. The entry database will be downloaded from Jamaica Tourist Board’s CRM system as a .csv file and entered into the random selection tool, which will dedupe the selected entries and the number of designated winners will be entered. A summary of the winner draw settings will be displayed with a prompt to conduct the draw, and with settings consensus, the draw will be initiated.
The tool will return a numerical list of entries (1,2,3,...) which represents the Winner in position #1 and alternates in numerical order. The selected winner will be shared with our local agency, Advertising & Marketing Jamaica Ltd. for immediate publication on JTB and partner agency channels.
- On receipt of written notice of the winning entrant from the JTB, a representative from Advertising and Marketing Jamaica Ltd, agents for JTB, will make two (2) attempts to contact the winning entrant. The first attempt will begin on the day that the Grand Prize winner is drawn, via a ‘congratulatory email’ accompanied by an affidavit and liability release form for immediate completion. If no response is received to the first congratulatory email, then a ‘reminder email’ will be sent on the second day. If the winner does not claim their prize within two (2) days/forty-eight (48) hours via return email with the completed affidavit of eligibility and liability release form, Advertising and Marketing Jamaica Ltd. will begin contacting the backup entries in the order in which they were drawn, and in the same manner via email, until a winner is selected. The winner will be further instructed by Advertising and Marketing Jamaica Limited on how to collect their prize.
- The winner’s name and image will be posted on the JTB, Ministry of Tourism and partner websites and social media pages.
- The winner will be required to provide proof of age, identification and current Jamaican residency, by presenting valid identification (i.e. driver’s license, passport or voter’s ID) and other proof of residency if required, in order to collect the prize. Failure to produce valid identification and proof of residency will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- The Grand Prize must be collected within two (2) weeks of the date of the signed affidavit of eligibility and liability release form returned to Advertising and Marketing Jamaica Ltd, otherwise the Grand Prize will remain the property of JTB.
- JTB reserves the right to use any winner’s voice, image, etc. without further compensation. Refusal to do same will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Employees of the Jamaica Tourist Board, the Ministry of Tourism and their partner agencies, and Advertising and Marketing Jamaica Ltd. and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, children, parents, or siblings) are not eligible to enter the sweepstakes.
Authorised under section 58(3) of the Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act.