Travel-Smart Tips For Travellers
No matter where in the world you travel, it is always wise to read the news, stay safe and protect your property. Here are some tips to make your Jamaican vacation safe as well as fun.
1. Make sure you travel with a valid passport or visa (if required). Also, bring another valid form of photo I.D., and photocopies of both I.D.s. in case of loss or theft.
2. Read up on local laws and practices before you get here.
3. Give friends and family your contact information and itineraries in case of emergency.
4. Register with your country’s embassy or consulate before you travel. That way your country is aware of your whereabouts in case of emergency.
5. Keep luggage, handbags or backpacks in view at all times.
6. Keep possessions close to your body.
7. Don’t take around large amounts of cash.
8. Avoid wearing expensive jewelry on road-trips or excursions.